Thursday, September 24, 2009

SCHOOL SPIRIT

Many of you may or may not know that I went to school and graduated from Maple Valley. I was always active in sports (baseball and football). When I was a student here everybody was very proud of being a Maple Valley Lion. There was a lot of school spirit. I was discussing this with Ms. Brumm and we agree that there is not as much school spirit as there used to be. What I mean by school spirit is a feeling of belonging to this school. I think that many students look at it as if they go to this school. I think it is our school and we should be proud of it.

When I was speaking to Ms. Brumm she was trying to come up with some ideas on how to increase school spirit at M.V. The Spirit Club is one of her ideas. I think it is an awesome idea. We now have a "student section" at the sporting events. And the students in the Spirit Club can come up with their own ideas.

Although Ms. Brumm has come up with some good ideas for the school spirit, she could use a little help. Adults don't always know what kids think is fun. We need your help. I want you to give us some ideas for fun school spirit building activities. Tell me some of your ideas. Let us know what fun things you would like to do around the school. Well.....I'm waiting.

12 comments:

  1. A week ago my step father (Pat Powers) came home from a long day and he told us that our school didnt have that much school spirt. He said when he was in highschool he would have pep rally's and other things to get our spirt up and top get pumped for the game.
    I thought about that and I realy havent noticed our spirt level was going down cause when I i had came here the level of spirt wasnt really that high to begin with, so i realy didnt think of anything else.
    I agree with Ms. Brumm a "Spirt Club" would be a good idea and the whole student section idea would also be a good idea, but i not just here to agree with people i and here to say that we should go back to the good old days and have pep rallys and other things to get our school spirt up.

    Tommy Mudge 3rd and 4th hour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Valley students! Lets get this club going! Get with your friends and come up with some great ideas you would like to see happen to increase our school spirit. We are planning some theme nights for the winter seasons. Some of the ideas include toga night, prom night, 50's night, blue/white night. What other thoughts are out there????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should get a bigger Spirit Stand so the kids that arent in Football can go out there and have a space to sit and cheer.

    Computer Geek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Powers is right we used to have pep assemblied for the big games. I haven't been here very long, so I don't know if we have them anymore. If we don't perhaps this is one of the things the school leaders can discuss. This is what the spirit club was made for. We have a sort of pep assembly next week for homecoming. It may be fun to have another one during the course of the season. Maybe Mr. Lincoln could shave his head if we win the big game. Oh wait, he already did. Maybe Ms. Brumm will shave hers if we win the big game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol!!!! BZZZZZZZZZZ!ROTFL
    Tommy Mudge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well from what im know alot of kids are into music, i mean all the time is see people listeneing to there mp3s, ipods, and things of that sort. Well maybe like during like homecoming you could so something with music, like have ppl dress us as a person from bands or something. You can never go wron with music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rock-n-roll theme night may be fun for one of the games. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree; the student section should be bigger. And set in a different place, not in the back of the endzone. Maybe on a corner of the field...also we should have the people in the student section wear matching-colored t-shirts, kind of like at college games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should have a theme at every varsity football game at home and get EVERYONE to participate and make the student section bigger

    Cody Sivyer 5th hour

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the student section should be in the stands with all of the other fans so they can participate with the wave and cheering with us. When we were in the student section my dad said he could even hear us say anything. I know the spirit club activities will work better in basketball but the student section in the stands was a thought for next season.

    Alivia Johncock 2nd Hour

    ReplyDelete