Saturday, October 24, 2009

MV vs OLIVET

WOW! Friday night's game was awesome. I couldn't believe how awesome our boys played. I was very proud of how our football team played. From everything everybody had heard we should not have even played the game. A lot of people told me that Olivet was going to kill us because they are super good. I'm glad our team played it's best game of the year against them. Olivet is our big rival and even though we only won two games this year,I'm glad one was against them.

I am proud of everybody involved with the team. The coaches did a super job of calling the plays. I really liked that we went for the two point conversion instead of playing it safe and kicking a one pointer. I think it was the right decision. The way I see it we had nothing to lose. I love how the players never quit. Even though some of them may have thought that we had nothing to play for, we were way out of the playoffs. The boys never let on that we had only won once. They played as if we needed to win to make it to the playoffs. The cheerleaders did a good job of keeping everybody fired up and into the game. The waterboys also did a top notch job. Everybody came together to do their part to have a successful game.

I also love how the students were so into the game at the end. I saw many kids yelling, screaming and cheering their guts out. The "student tunnel" by the gate at the end of the game was one of the rowdiest and best I have seen in a long time. It rocked.

Everyone in our school should be proud of how our lions all fought together to beat Olivet. Good job everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it was definitely exciting. As a player, I was personally FREAKING OUT! The crowd got into it and that pumped us all up...we still talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everybody will talk about that game for a long time. I'll bet when you guys get together for you class reunion, many years from now, you will talk about that game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true testimony for: Never give up. Glad to hear you beat Olivet. --JR

    ReplyDelete